Tuesday, November 3, 2009

EMBARRASSMENT TO THE PROFESSION

Not calling out any names here, but here's my favorite picture of the week from the MLS.

This is a home for sale in Green Valley Ranch - a short sale, of course - where the agent's commitment to quality marketing went all the way to rolling down the passenger window, but not to the point of actually getting out of the car to take this marketing photo.

How can agents realistically expect sellers (or banks) to pay full commissions when they are too lazy to get out of the car and actually photograph the home? Come on, the sky is blue, I bet it's at least 60 degrees!

For the record, I consider photography to be one of the critical elements in marketing a home for sale, which is why I hire professionals to photograph and stage my listings. We are in the "first impressions" business, and what I see here is that if the seller's agent is too lazy to get out of the car, then how in the world is she going to get the bank to sign off on accepting a short sale?