Tuesday, August 5, 2008

AFTER 23 DAYS, THE SPELL IS BROKEN

Two of my unbreakable rules in life are 1) you don't complain about the market, and 2) you don't complain about the weather.

But man, it has been too hot around here.

Today marked the end of a 23-day run with temperatures in Denver of 90 degrees or higher, which breaks the 134-year old record of 18 straight days at 90 or higher set in 1874.

Yesterday, my "assistant" (and seven-year old daughter) Elizabeth went downtown with me to drop off a contract and an earnest money check, but we couldn't escape the city without a run through the fountains at the 16th Street Mall.

Let me tell you, a run through the fountains on a hot day is an okay thing, and I heartily recommend it.

For the record, the high today was 85, and by the looks of the gathering thunderheads out to the east this evening, I would bet we're going to get some rain tonight.

Good to have things back to normal.