Sunday, November 2, 2008

FINAL ELECTION THOUGHTS

We stay out of politics on this blog, except when they have a direct impact on real estate.

While I won’t be voting for either of the two major party candidates (I'm more of an obscure third party kind of guy), I will say that there has been way too much turbulence leading up to the election as both major party candidates have floated all kinds of proposals aimed at trying to “fix” the housing and stock market mess.

By offering what seems to be a new plan every week to slow foreclosures and restore confidence in the markets, I believe both major party candidates have created more fear and destabilized the situation even further.

That’s politics, I guess.

The good news is that, after Tuesday, at least we’ll have a better idea of what we’re getting. And hopefully whoever wins will settle on a message and actually stick with it for a while.