Saturday, July 12, 2008

BOOK REVIEW: "THE PURSUIT OF WOW!"

I'm currently reading "The Pursuit of Wow!" by Tom Peters, a book that was recommended to me a few weeks ago by Chuck Bode at my most recent CRS conference.

One of the recurring themes in the book is to be continually prepared to change and evolve. Nothing stays the same.

In our market, the vast majority of the sales activity right now is below $250,000. While there's a six week inventory of foreclosures homes on the market, there is a three-year supply of homes priced above $1 million. Thus, I have spent a lot of time this year with investors and first-time buyers, who are the prime beneficiaries of the conditions that currently exist.

Working with clients is an experience, not an event. It's an experience for them, and it's an experience for me.

In Peters' language, the goal of the sales professional is to "Amaze, Amuse, Surprise and Delight" our clients. We are engaged in the very serious business of buying or selling shelter, but along the way we can have a little fun.

There are 1.2 million Realtors in America today. There are over 40,000 in Colorado. My goal is to treat my clients in such a way that when they think of real estate, they think of only one name: mine.