Monday, March 10, 2008

FOUR DAYS, TWO HOURS AND THIRTY SIX MINUTES TO GO...

9:32 a.m. on Friday.

That's not a tee time, that's a shave time. Only four more days until the St. Baldrick's pediatric cancer fundraiser, and last week I hit my personal fundraising goal.

Oops, guess I didn't give you all enough credit!

Thanks to the outpouring of support from friends, family and past clients, I did the only logical thing.

I doubled my goal.

Okay, so now the pressure is back on. There are a total of 21 team members (we're called the "Snow Balds") committed to participating in this event on Friday, and we are all working hard to hit our goal of $20,000 in pledges and donations.

For some team members, this is the third, fourth or fifth year of participation in the St. Baldrick's pediatric cancer research shave-a-thon. For others, like myself, it's our first time in. And I think there are a few people who have been "on the fence" who will come on board by midweek.

If you want to learn more about my involvement, or if you would like to make a donation, go to my website (http://www.dalebecker.com/) and click on the St. Baldrick's link.

And yes, "shocking" before and after pictures will be posted here next week!